A Future Roadrunner’s Holiday ChecklistDecember 19, 2018
This holiday season, Santa won’t be the only one making lists and checking them twice. Future Roadrunners looking to get ahead of their first college semester now have their own holiday list to check on.
Here is a list of the admissions items that you’ll want to cross off this holiday season. Just be sure to leave some milk and cookies out for yourself at the end.
- ADMISSIONS – Start or complete your UTSA admissions application. The fall priority deadline is January 15! Be sure to apply by January 15 and submit your FAFSA to maximize your opportunity for financial aid.
- FINANCIAL AID – Apply for Financial Aid (FAFSA or TASFA). UTSA’s FAFSA code is 010115. The Financial Aid priority deadline is January 15!
- SCHOLARSHIPS – Apply for the General Scholarship Application when you fill out your UTSA application on ApplyTexas by January 1 for freshmen or February 15 for transfers. Also, you can qualify for the Distinguished Presidential Scholarship before its priority deadline by being admitted to UTSA by January 1. Learn more here.
- ADMITTED STUDENTS – Start getting Rowdy Ready after you’ve been admitted.
- HOUSING – If you haven’t already made living arrangements, consider housing at UTSA. You won’t be able to complete your application and sign a contract until January 30, but you can still start your application and pay the deposit. Studies show that students who live on campus have a more satisfactory living experience and social life, participate in more student activities and earn higher grades.
So go ahead, grab yourself a hot peppermint mocha or something else warm and give yourself the strongest start you can at UTSA—no climbing down chimneys required! We wish you a Happy Holidays Future Roadrunners, and here’s to 2019 being your year.