Counselor & Advisor Resources
Counselor & Advisor Resources
Hello high school counselors and college advisors! We appreciate your hard work in preparing students for life at UTSA. This page includes resources to help you quickly locate information about our programs, campuses, and amenities.
Resources & Handouts
Download our printable handouts to reference and to share with your students.
The UTSA Roadpiece is full of quick go-to for information on UTSA’s majors, admissions, aid and cost and more. Available in English and Spanish.
The RowdyZine is UTSA’s official admissions magazine. The triannual publication is distributed to prospective and newly-admitted students and features a wide range of content to help them acclimate into their new academic life at UTSA.
Unsure of the next step on your Roadrunner Journey? Check out these on-demand video resources to help you through the process.
Have students who have questions and need help? Here’s a list of helpful campus resources.
*Can help with Rowdy Ready checklist
Log in using your MyUTSA ID (abc123) and password. (All UTSA applicants receive email instructions on how to claim and activate their MyUTSA account.)
Center for Military Affiliated Students
Dreamers Resource Center
First-Generation & Transfer Student Center
The MyUTSA login is used to access ASAP, Blackboard, Air Rowdy wireless network, Student Computing Lab computers, and Library computers.
Office of Pre-Professional Programs-Health Professions
One Stop Enrollment
Student Disability Services
*Student Health Services
Contact TSI Programs for questions relating to TSI exemptions, TSI course placement, and TSI score retrieval process.
UTSA Guide App
We recommend that you take the opportunity to download the UTSA Guide app prior to our October/November virtual events. The app will allow you to build your schedule, view our virtual opportunities and so much more! For more information on how to download the guide, view our resource page.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is registration required for UTSA Counselor & Advisor Virtual Updates?
Yes- registration is highly encouraged for each counselor, advisor or anyone that works directly with students in the college admissions process.
- We want to ensure that you are able to gain all of the information that you need, including the meeting link sent prior to the virtual session. Reminder emails and follow-up materials including a pdf copy of the PowerPoint presentation will be sent to all counselors and advisors who registered to attend our sessions.
- Registration is available through Eventbrite and all event details will be sent at least one week prior to the virtual session. Be sure to register at least one day in advance. Don’t forget to monitor the email address you registered with to view event details.
What if the UTSA Counselor & Advisor Virtual Update sessions are full?
Each session has a guest limit of 300 participants. Our team will monitor all sessions and offer additional sessions as needed. If you have any questions, please contact Georgina Martinez at Georgina.Martinez@utsa.edu for more information regarding additional sessions.
Can I cancel my reservation and register for a different date?
Yes! You are able to view, cancel, and manage your reservation online through Eventbrite. The first step is to retrieve your ticket summary sent to the email you registered with and click on “view and manage” your order online. This will take you to Eventbrite where you are able to cancel your order.
To register for a different session, feel free to repeat the registration process for the new desired date.
Questions? Contact our event organizer at Georgina.Martinez@utsa.edu to assist in managing your reservation.
What software do I need to download for the UTSA Counselor & Advisor Virtual Updates?
We highly encourage that you download the following software prior to our Virtual Update Session:
UTSA Guide App
The UTSA Guide App is your guide to university events, updates, enrollment information, student experiences, a resource hub, and so much more. Our UTSA Admissions Team continuously provides up to date information and on-demand recorded sessions, helpful videos, and more.
To download our UTSA Guide app, please visit: https://guidebook.com/g/theutsaguide/.
- It is important that you download the Zoom App prior to your Virtual Update session. We will utilize this App to host the virtual sessions. You can download this software to your desktop or cellular device.
- If you do not wish to download the Zoom App, you can still join by calling into our session and listen live via phone. As a call-in participant, you will not have the opportunity to participate in the live chat features of the sessions.
- When using a cell phone to attend our session, it is critical that you download the Zoom App PRIOR to the virtual session. An error will be generated if you try to access the link and do not have the app downloaded beforehand.
- Check back with us soon. We will provide a video on how to navigate our UTSA Guide App.
What if I am unable to attend the session?
We want to ensure that you are able to gain all of the information and materials shared during our session. Our team will send a follow-up email with all of the materials provided including a pdf copy of our presentation. Please refer to the email address you registered with to view all event materials.
Who is my Admissions Counselor for my school or region?
If you or one of your students have questions about UTSA and/or the admissions process, please talk to an admission counselor for your area. To find your admissions counselor based on your area, please visit https://future.utsa.edu/contact/.