2020 Counselor & Advisor Virtual Update
Join us virtually to learn about the latest news from The University of Texas at San Antonio. Information will be shared about the application process, academic programs, scholarships, financial aid and student life.
Space is limited and is offered on a first-come, first-served basis for these events.
UTSA Guide App
We recommend that you take the opportunity to download the UTSA Guide app prior to our October/November virtual events. The app will allow you to build your schedule, view our virtual opportunities and so much more! For more information on how to download the guide, view our resource page.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is registration required for 2020 UTSA Counselor & Advisor Virtual Updates?
Yes- registration is highly encouraged for each counselor, advisor or anyone that works directly with students in the college admissions process.
- We want to ensure that you are able to gain all of the information that you need, including the meeting link sent prior to the virtual session. Reminder emails and follow-up materials including a copy of the live presentation will be sent to all counselors and advisors who registered to attend our sessions.
- Registration is available through Eventbrite and all event details will be sent at least one week prior to the virtual session. Be sure to register at least one day in advance. Don’t forget to monitor the email address you registered with to view event details.
What if the 2020 UTSA Counselor & Advisor Virtual Update sessions are full?
Each session has a guest limit of 300 participants. Our team will monitor all sessions and offer additional sessions as needed. If you have any questions, please contact Georgina Martinez at Georgina.Martinez@utsa.edu for more information regarding additional sessions.
Can I cancel my reservation and register for a different date?
Yes! You are able to view, cancel, and manage your reservation online through Eventbrite. The first step is to retrieve your ticket summary sent to the email you registered with and click on “view and manage” your order online. This will take you to Eventbrite where you are able to cancel your order.
To register for a different session, feel free to repeat the registration process for the new desired date.
Questions? Contact our event organizer at Georgina.Martinez@utsa.edu to assist in managing your reservation.
What software do I need to download for the 2020 UTSA Counselor & Advisor Virtual Updates?
We highly encourage that you download the following software prior to our Virtual Update Session:
UTSA Guide App
The UTSA Guide App is your guide to university events, updates, enrollment information, student experiences, a resource hub, and so much more. Our UTSA Admissions Team continuously provides up to date information and on-demand recorded sessions, helpful videos, and more.
To download our UTSA Guide app, please visit: https://guidebook.com/g/utsaguide/.
- It is important that you download the Zoom App prior to your Virtual Update session. We will utilize this App to host the virtual sessions. You can download this software to your desktop or cellular device.
- If you do not wish to download the Zoom App, you can still join by calling into our session and listen live via phone. As a call-in participant, you will not have the opportunity to participate in the live chat features of the sessions.
- When using a cell phone to attend our session, it is critical that you download the Zoom App PRIOR to the virtual session. An error will be generated if you try to access the link and do not have the app downloaded beforehand.
- Check back with us soon. We will provide a video on how to navigate our UTSA Guide App.
Will the 2020 Counselor & Advisor Virtual Updates be recorded?
We want to ensure that you are able to gain all of the information that you need, so we will ensure that all of the sessions are recorded and uploaded to the UTSA Guide App.
Once the videos have been uploaded to the app, we will inform you with a notification and email message, along with any materials provided during our virtual sessions.