The fall semester is just a few weeks away, Future Roadrunner! Where are you in your Rowdy Ready journey? Here is an outline of the four main steps you’ll need to complete after you’ve been admitted to be prepared for your first semester as a Roadrunner.
1. Sign up & Complete Orientation Online
- Sign up for Orientation – Orientation is required for new students and will help you learn more about UTSA and your college. To sign up, log into ASAP (asap.utsa.edu) with your myUTSA ID and passphrase and select the Future Roadrunner tab. From there, click on the “Sign Up for Orientation” link.
- Complete Orientation – To complete orientation, you’ll need to finish Online Orientation and then sign up and attend your college meeting and live chats. After the last week of July, you’ll be able to watch recorded college meetings and live chats anytime online.
2. Meet Your Academic Advisor & Register for Classes
- Schedule and attend Your Advising Appointment – Academic Advising will contact you over email within 2 to 3 business days after completing orientation to set up your appointment.
- Register for Classes – After your advising appointment, you’ll be ready to register for courses and make changes to your class schedule.
3. Finish Your Rowdy Ready Checklist
- Be Rowdy Ready – Your Rowdy Ready checklist is designed to help you understand and track your required to-dos after you’ve been admitted. You can check your Rowdy Ready Status anytime on ASAP under the Future Roadrunner tab.
- Here are some other Rowdy Ready items that you’ll want to check on:
- Submit Final Transcripts
- TSI Assessment (if applicable)
- ALEKS Placement (if applicable)
- Meningitis Immunization
- Consent for Treatment Form
- International Requirements: TB Screening/Test and Immigration Documents (if applicable)
4. Get Connected
- Follow the @UTSAStudents social media channels on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram for all the latest information on the fall semester.
- Attend the Roadrunner Days Live Preview every Wednesday from July 22 to August 12 at 7 p.m. on Instagram Live @UTSAStudents.
- Get involved and find a student club you’re interested in by checking out UTSA’s 300+ student organizations on RowdyLink.