All international students enrolling at UTSA must submit immigration documents by the first day of class via email to email@example.com.
What documents will I need to submit?
- Form I-20 or DS-2019 or USCIS Notice of Action (Not all will apply)
- Copy of Visa Stamp from Passport (Not applicable to Canadians)
- I-94 Record
- Student Personal Information Sheet (Provided by International Student Service)
- Signed Acknowledgment Form (Provided by International Student Service)
How do I obtain these documents?
To Obtain Your Visa:
- Apply for your visa as soon as you receive a UTSA I-20 or DS-2019 form from International Student Services.
- Pay the SEVIS fee online at FMJfee.com.
- Keep your SEVIS fee receipt. The SEVIS I-901 fee is required for all F and J visa students. Without the fee payment, you will not be eligible to apply for your F-1/J-1 visa. You are at risk for termination of your SEVIS record. Learn more about the SEVIS I-901 fee.
- Schedule your visa interview appointment at an American Embassy or consulate – The U.S. Department of State explains how to schedule your appointment.
To Obtain Other Documents:
- Form I-20 or DS-2019: UTSA International Student Services will send this document to you. Be sure to bring the original with you to campus!
- Form I-94: You will receive this at your port of entry if you arrive by land or sea. If you arrive by air, the form will be issued electronically. You will need to print out a copy after your arrival in the U.S. (It may take 24 to 48 hours for the form to be generated within the system). View the steps to print your I-94.