All international students enrolling at UTSA must submit immigration documents at check-in.
What documents will I need to submit?
- Student Personal Information Sheet – Bring the information to complete your “Student Personal Information Sheet” during check-in at Orientation. You must have a local San Antonio address.
- Your passport: The Office of International Programs will make a copy of your information page
- Form I-20 or DS-2019 or USCIS Notice of Action
- Form I-94
- If you are bringing a spouse or children, you must bring the dependent documents to your Orientation session
How do I obtain these documents?
To Obtain Your Visa:
- Apply for your visa as soon as you receive a UTSA I-20 or DS-2019 form from International Student Services.
- Pay the SEVIS fee online at FMJfee.com.
- Keep your SEVIS fee receipt. The SEVIS I-901 fee is required for all F and J visa students. Without the fee payment, you will not be eligible to apply for your F-1/J-1 visa. You are at risk for termination of your SEVIS record. Learn more about the SEVIS I-901 fee.
- Schedule your visa interview appointment at an American Embassy or consulate – The U.S. Department of State explains how to schedule your appointment.
To Obtain Other Documents:
- Form I-20 or DS-2019: UTSA International Student Services will send this document to you. Be sure to bring the original with you to campus!
- Form I-94: You will receive this at your port of entry if you arrive by land or sea. If you arrive by air, the form will be issued electronically. You will need to print out a copy after your arrival in the U.S. (It may take 24 to 48 hours for the form to be generated within the system). View the steps to print your I-94.