Students who do not plan to earn a degree, but are seeking the opportunity to earn some college credit from UTSA must apply as either a special undergraduate or transient applicant. Non-degree seeking applicants must adhere to the same application deadline requirements as degree-seeking transfer students.
Non-degree seeking students are:
- Transfer students who enroll in courses only at the undergraduate level without pursuing a degree at UTSA.
- Planning to enroll only for one semester before returning to another institution (transient).
- Must have at least a C average (2.25 CGPA on a 4.0 scale) on the last 30 undergraduate hours attempted.
- Must be eligible to return to the most recent institution.
Non-Degree Admission Process
- Apply online at applytexas.org.
- Select The University of Texas at San Antonio.
- For Semester of Entry, select the semester you plan to begin at UTSA. (Applications are term-specific. Be sure to select the correct term that corresponds with when you plan to begin at UTSA.)
- For First Choice School, select Non-Degree. Do NOT select a second choice school, just continue.
- For First Choice Major, select Transient-Non-Degree/Non Major. Do NOT select a second choice major, just continue.
- You can then proceed to complete the remainder of the application.
- Pay a non-refundable $60 application fee (fee waivers are not accepted for non-degree seekers).
- Submit official college transcript from which the last 30 undergraduate hours were attempted. (UTSA accepts transcripts through Electronic Parchment, E-Script PDF and Naviance.)
- Submit official high school transcript if you have earned fewer than 30 semester credit hours.
Please Note: the UTSA Undergraduate Admissions Office does not accept faxed documents.
Please Note: Non-degree seeking students are not eligible for financial aid.