Students who do not plan to earn a degree, but are seeking the opportunity to earn some college credit from UTSA must apply as either a special undergraduate or transient applicant.
Non-degree seeking students are:
- Transfer students who enroll in courses only at the undergraduate level without pursuing a degree at UTSA.
- Planning to enroll only for one semester before returning to another institution (transient).
- Must have at least a C average (2.25 CGPA on a 4.0 scale) on the last 30 undergraduate hours attempted.
- Must be eligible to return to the most recent institution.
First-time freshman are not eligible to apply as non-degree seeking students.
Non-Degree Admission Process
- Apply online at applytexas.org.
- Select The University of Texas at San Antonio.
- For Semester of Entry, select the semester you plan to begin at UTSA. (Applications are term-specific. Be sure to select the correct term that corresponds with when you plan to begin at UTSA.)
- For First Choice School, select Non-Degree. Do NOT select a second choice school, just continue.
- For First Choice Major, select Transient-Non-Degree/Non Major. Do NOT select a second choice major, just continue.
- You can then proceed to complete the remainder of the application.
- Pay a non-refundable $70 application fee (fee waivers are not accepted for non-degree seekers).
- Submit official college transcript from which the last 30 undergraduate hours were attempted. (UTSA accepts transcripts through Electronic Parchment, E-Script PDF and Naviance.)
Applicants who have earned fewer than 30 semester credit hours must also provide by the published deadline for the term:
- An official high school transcript that displays the date of graduation
- ACT or SAT scores sent directly to UTSA from the testing company
Applicants who have earned fewer than 30 undergraduate semester credit hours attempted at an accredited college or university at the time of application must meet the stated admission requirements and be in good standing at the last institution attended.
Please Note: the UTSA Undergraduate Admissions Office does not accept faxed documents.
Please Note: Non-degree seeking students are not eligible for financial aid.