We are excited about your interest in The University of Texas at San Antonio. UTSA has a streamlined application process, and our admissions counselors are standing by to help you with a wide range of services and materials. Ready to take the first step? Let’s get started.
As you begin the admissions process, it is important to realize the following:
Start your ApplyTexas Application
- Each applicant for admission is responsible for ensuring that all required documentation are on file in the UTSA Office of Undergraduate Admissions by the application deadline (not postmarked).
- An Admission decision is not rendered until the applicant’s file is complete.
- All documents in support of an application become the property of UTSA and cannot be returned.
- Offers of admission are valid only for the semester indicated in the acceptance letter.
How to Apply
- Create an ApplyTexas Account – Create an account on ApplyTexas, the Texas public university application website. You will be assigned a login and password. Keep these for your records.
- Submit your Application – Once logged into ApplyTexas, being your Application by creating a “new 4 year university undergraduate admission application” and selected “University of Texas at San Antonio” as your “Target University” and the appropriate “Application Type”.
- The Freshmen Application can be used for all students who are applying to enroll at UTSA for the first time after graduating from high school. This application is appropriate for students who have earned college credit through Dual Enrollment or summer school the summer immediately before planning to enroll at UTSA.
- The Transfer Application can be used by any student beginning the application process while enrolled in another college after graduating from high school.
- The Transient Application can be used by any student applying to UTSA as a non-degree seeking student. This can include students seeking to enroll at UTSA to simply earn college credit, but pursue a degree, students seeking a degree at another institution and planning to return to that institution, and/or students seeking to earn credit for qualifications for graduate or professional school.
- Pay your Application Fee of $60 – You can pay this via credit card through your ApplyTexas application or through Check/Money order or request a fee waiver.
- Check or Money Order – You may pay your fee either by check or money order made out to The University of Texas at San Antonio and mailed to The Undergraduate Admission Office, UTSA, One UTSA Circle, San Antonio, Texas 78249. Please include applicant’s full name and date of birth so the payment matches the correct application.
- Fee Waiver – UTSA accepts fee waivers for first-time Freshmen only. A student applying as a first-time freshman must use the Fee Waivers provided by either the ACT or SAT and submit supporting documents. All documents should be completed in their entirety.
- Alternative Online Payment – If you decide to pay via credit card after you submit your application, you may pay via credit card online through ASAP using your myUTSA Account ID and Passphrase. Log into asap.utsa.edu and click the “Future Roadrunner” tab, then click “Check your Admission Status” and scroll to the bottom for the payment button.
- Send Transcripts and Test Scores – Be sure to submit all required documentation to the UTSA Office of Undergraduate Admissions by the application deadline (not postmarked), such as test scores and transcripts. You can check ASAP to see what items we require to complete your admission file.
Students can submit their transcript through the following methods:
Electronically: Ask your school to send your official transcript to UTSA through either TREx or SPEEDE. TREx is preferred for high school transcripts and SPEEDE is preferred for college transcripts. Electronic Parchment and E-Script PDF transcripts can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. UTSA also accepts transcripts via Naviance.
Mail: Send an official, sealed copy of your transcript to:
The University of Texas at San Antonio
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
One UTSA Circle San Antonio, TX 78249
In Person: Bring your official, sealed copy of your transcript to either the Main Campus or Downtown One Stop Enrollment Center during regular business hours or place in the One Stop drop box located on the first floor of the JPL (John Peace Library), near the office doors on the Main campus.
After Application Submission
What happens after I submit my application?
Once the application is submitted via the ApplyTexas website, a thank you email will be sent from the ApplyTexas web site, not from UTSA. It can take up to two business days for the application to be received by UTSA once it is submitted. Once the application is received, time needs to be allowed for loading the application into UTSA’s Student Record System.
Once the application is successfully loaded into UTSA’s Student Record System and a student record is created at UTSA, an e-mail will be sent from UTSA verifying the receipt of the application and providing the myUTSA ID. The myUTSA ID consists of 3 letters and 3 numbers (example: ABC123). The myUTSA ID and passphrase provide access to the Automated Student Access Program (ASAP). The myUTSA ID must be activated and passphrase created by the applicant before they will be able to access ASAP. For more information on myUTSA ID and passphrase process, visit the myUTSA ID website. If access to ASAP becomes blocked, or non-accessible, contact the One Stop Enrollment Center at 1-210-458-8000 or 800-669-0919.
Click the appropriate links below for the Admission Requirements and Application Steps for each student type: