Orientation is a requirement for all online students. The orientation experience for online students is self-paced and will answer many of your questions and prepare you for your first semester at UTSA. The online orientation will consist of:
- An introduction to online learning
- An overview of academic advising services
- Important information specific to your major
- Instructions on how to sign up for your advising appointment
Sign Up for Orientation
In order to sign up for your online Orientation, you must be admitted to an online degree program at UTSA and have already activated your myUTSA ID.
When Orientation Sign Up Opens
|Admitted for Summer Term||Now Open|
|Admitted for Fall Term||Now Open|
|Admitted for Spring Term||Opens in October|
→ How do I sign up?
- Log into your ASAP account, click the “Future Roadrunner” tab, and click “Sign Up for Orientation.”
- Follow the on-screen instructions to sign up for the orientation.
- Optional: Print the confirmation page for your records.
- On the confirmation page, click the link to access the UTSA Online Orientation.
- You will be asked to select your student type on the “Profile” page. Regardless of your classification (Freshman or Transfer), select the option that says, “I am an Exclusively Online Student.”
Note: Selecting the “I am a Freshman,” or “I am a Transfer” options will take you to the wrong orientation, and you will not be able to schedule your academic advising appointment. You’ll need to go back and re-complete the correct orientation.
→ Orientation Fee for Online Students
There is no orientation fee for online students.
Contact the Online Programs Office.