Orientation is a requirement for all students admitted into an online degree program. The orientation experience for online students is self-paced and will answer many of your questions and prepare you for your first semester at UTSA. Note: if you are not admitted into a fully-online program, you can find more information about your orientation here.
The orientation for online students will consist of:
- An introduction to online learning
- An overview of academic advising services
- Important information specific to your major
- Instructions on how to sign up for your advising appointment
Sign Up for Orientation
In order to sign up for your online Orientation, you must be admitted to an online degree program at UTSA and have already activated your myUTSA ID.
When Orientation Sign Up Opens
|Admitted for Summer Term||Opens in March|
|Admitted for Fall Term||Opens in March|
|Admitted for Spring Term||Opens in October|
→ How do I sign up?
- Log into your ASAP account, click the “Future Roadrunner” tab, and click “Sign Up for Orientation.”
- Follow the on-screen instructions to sign up for the orientation.
- Optional: Print the confirmation page for your records.
- On the confirmation page, click the link to access the UTSA Online Orientation.
→ Orientation Fee for Online Students
There is no orientation fee for students in a fully online degree program.
Contact the Online Programs Office.