Blinn College and The University of Texas at San Antonio (UTSA) have partnered together to offer students a seamless pathway to earn a four-year degree in engineering from UTSA’s Margie and Bill Klesse College of Engineering and Integrated Design.
Blinn engineering students can participate in the UTSA Transfer Academy for Tomorrow’s Engineers (TATE) program, where students will be co-enrolled at both institutions, take engineering courses taught by UTSA and Blinn faculty. Upon completion of the program, students will transfer to UTSA to obtain their bachelor’s degree in any of the six UTSA engineering degree programs.
Why join the Transfer Academy for Tomorrow’s Engineers?
Did you know that the average starting salary for engineers is $60,797? As one of the fastest-growing engineering colleges in Texas, UTSA creates an atmosphere of innovation, research, and collaboration. Benefits of the TATE programs include:
|UTSA COURSES & BLINN
It’s an opportunity to take UTSA engineering courses from UTSA and Blinn faculty.
|ASSOCIATES + BACHELORS
It’s an opportunity to earn your associate of science degree at Blinn while pursuing your bachelor’s degree.
|COHORT LEARNING = SUCCESS
It’s a cohort-style program where UTSA TATE participants will take math, science and engineering courses with other TATE participants.
|STUDENT SERVICES X2
You’ll have access to student services, student activities, student organizations, etc. at both institutions.
Top employers of UTSA graduates include the U.S. Air Force, Valero Energy, H-E-B, Intel, CPS, USAA, IBM, Accenture, Proctor & Gamble, and more.
It’s an affordable 4-year pathway to a UTSA engineering degree.
Average starting salary for engineers.
UTSA’s Margie and Bill Klesse College of Engineering and Integrated Design
As one of the fastest-growing engineering colleges in Texas, UTSA creates an atmosphere of innovation, research, and collaboration.
Our diverse faculty gives you exposure to the best of the best on your journey to becoming a skilled technologist that will make our world a little more brilliant, efficient, and powerful. Our state-of-the-art facility with cutting-edge teaching environments provides the opportunity for a hands-on learning approach.
The UTSA Margie and Bill Klesse College of Engineering and Integrated Design (CEID) offers six engineering focused Bachelor of Science degree programs:
- Biomedical Engineering (BME)
- Chemical Engineering (ChemE)
- Civil Engineering (CE)
- Computer Engineering (CmE)
- Electrical Engineering (EE)
- Mechanical Engineering (ME)
What to Expect
In order to complete the UTSA TATE program at Blinn and successfully transfer to UTSA, students must:
- TAKE 12 CREDIT HOURS / SEMESTER – FALL and SPRING: Enroll in a minimum of 12 credit hours each fall and spring semester between Blinn and UTSA.
- TAKE 6 CREDIT HOURS / SEMESTER – SUMMER: Enroll in a minimum of 6 credit hours each summer semester between Blinn and UTSA. Students may be able to credit some summer internship employment towards college credits (discuss with your UTSA advisor).
- TAKE 1 UTSA COURSE / YEAR: Enroll in at least one UTSA approved engineering course each year.
- EARN 50+ CREDIT HOURS: Complete at least 50 hours of transferable work from Blinn, including two math and two science core curriculum courses and 10 hours of UTSA engineering courses.
- CALCULUS COMPLETE: Complete all required calculus courses for a UTSA engineering degree.
- 2.5-3.0 CUMULATIVE GPA: Maintain 2.5 cumulative GPA (3.0 GPA if transferring into Biomedical or Chemical Engineering).
- Be enrolled at Blinn and follow one of the TATE transfer advising guides.
- Be Calculus ready or be able to be calculus ready within one semester and TSI complete, as determined by Blinn College.
- Complete the application form below. Upon qualification, eligible students will receive an application link to their email address.
Fill out the online application by clicking the button below and completing the form.
For more information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org