Lone Star College (LSC) and The University of Texas at San Antonio (UTSA) have partnered together to offer students a seamless pathway to earn a four-year degree in engineering from UTSA’s College of Engineering.
LSC engineering students can participate in the UTSA Transfer Academy for Tomorrow’s Engineers (TATE) program, where students will be co-enrolled at both institutions, take engineering courses taught by UTSA faculty at LSC-CyFair. Upon completion of the program, students will transfer to UTSA to obtain their bachelor’s degree in any of the six UTSA engineering degree programs.
Why UTSA TATE?
Did you know that the average starting salary for engineers is $60,797? As one of the fastest-growing engineering colleges in Texas, UTSA creates an atmosphere of innovation, research, and collaboration. Benefits of the TATE programs include:
|UTSA COURSES @ LONESTAR
It’s an opportunity to take UTSA engineering courses from UTSA faculty at LSC-CyFair.
|ASSOCIATES + BACHELORS
It’s an opportunity to earn your associate of science degree at LSC while pursuing your bachelor degree.
|COHORT LEARNING = SUCCESS
It’s a cohort-style program where UTSA TATE participants will take math, science, and engineering courses with other TATE particpants.
|STUDENT SERVICES X2
You’ll have access to student services, student activities, student organizations, etc. at both institutions.
Your transfer process will be streamlined, with no additional application or fee required.
It’s an affordable four-year pathway to a UTSA engineering degree!
What to Expect
In order to complete the UTSA TATE program at Lone Star College and successfully transfer to UTSA:
- TAKE 12 CREDIT HOURS / SEMESTER: Enroll in a minimum of 12 credit hours each fall and spring semester at LSC.
- TAKE 1 UTSA COURSE / SEMESTER: Enroll in at least one UTSA approved engineering course each semester.
- EARN 50+ CREDIT HOURS: Complete at least 50 hours of transferable work from LSC, including two math and two science core curriculum courses and 10 hours of UTSA engineering courses.
- CALCULUS COMPLETE: Complete all required calculus courses for a UTSA engineering degree.
- 2.5-3.0 CUMULATIVE GPA: Maintain 2.5 cumulative GPA (3.0 GPA if transferring into Biomedical or Chemical Engineering).
- Be enrolled in a Lone Star College engineering program. New students can apply at LoneStar.edu.
- Meet UTSA’s admission criteria for Biomedical, Chemical, Civil, Computer, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering. Criteria can be found
- Be calculus ready and TSI complete, as determined by Lone Star College.
- Meet with a LSC counselor to determine eligibility. Upon qualification, eligible students will receive an application link to their email address.
For more information, visit lonestar.edu/TATE or reach out to the following individuals:
Dr. Claire Phillips
Dean of Engineering
281-290-3967 | firstname.lastname@example.org
|COURSE & DEGREE SPECIFIC
Dr. Yiheng Wang
Professor of Engineering
281-290-3411 | email@example.com
Dean of Student Services
281-290-3982 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Mark Appleford
Associate Dean of Engineering
210-458-7009 | email@example.com
|COURSE & DEGREE SPECIFIC
210-458-7377 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Clarisa De La Fuente
Transfer Specialist II