San Antonio is a city of 1.4 million people, but it can feel like a small town with its warm and friendly faces welcoming you. With the city’s historical landmarks, parks, lively art scene, museums and annual festivals, there’s something for everyone to enjoy here.
A Vibrant and Diverse City
San Antonio is home to a vibrant, diverse culture and features iconic landmarks like The Alamo and River Walk. It’s also just a short trip away from Austin or the beach. San Antonio’s cultural personality is unique. Mexican, European, Asian, African and Western traditions blend to create something not found anywhere else in the country. When you come to study in San Antonio, you are adding to a unique cultural environment that we love to celebrate here.
Cool Facts about San Antonio
- Everything is bigger in Texas – San Antonio is the second biggest city in Texas and the seventh largest in the nation. Its metro area is twice the size of Chicago and it has a population of 1.4m—that’s more than the entire state of New Mexico!
- San Antonio is the 7th largest city in the U.S.
- We’re a hotspot for travel – About 41 million tourists visit San Antonio every year. The Alamo, located Downtown, is Texas’s top tourist attraction.
- A city of champions – Home to five-time NBA champion the San Antonio Spurs.
- #4 best city for young grads. (Online Degree)
- Ranked #10 Best City in the nation (Travel + Leisure)
- Business is booming – San Antonio is the headquarters of six Fortune 500 companies including Valero Energy, Andeavor (formerly known as Tesoro Corp), USAA, iHeartMedia, NuStar Energy and CST Brands, Inc.
- Three centuries of history – 2018 marked the tricentennial year for the city of San Antonio, celebrating 300 years of San Antonio’s history, arts, culture and heritage.
- The Alamo was named the ‘Best Free Attraction in the USA. (USA Today)
- Recognized as the #4 Best Big City in the U.S. (Conde Naste Traveler)
- Listed as one of America’s friendliest cities. (Travel + Leisure)
UTSA is considered one of the best universities in the world, making it a great choice for higher education.
San Antonio is the #1 most visited city in Texas.
San Antonio is the second biggest city in Texas with a population of 2.4m.
The San Antonio Zoo is the third largest in the US.
Recognized as the #4 Best Big City in the U.S for young grads.
Home to five-time NBA champion the San Antonio Spurs.
San Antonio has six Fortune 500 companies.
San Antonio’s cultural personality is unique.
Here, Mexican, European, Asian, African and Western traditions blend to create something not found anywhere else in the country. When you come to study in San Antonio, you are adding to a unique cultural blend that we love to celebrate.
Located on the River Walk, the San Antonio Museum of Art has large collections of ancient Mediterranean art, Asian art and Latin American art with a notable contemporary collection.
This signature exhibit at the Institute of Texan Cultures contains a display floor that highlights more than 20 cultures that migrated to Texas and made it their home.
The five Historic Missions of San Antonio are a certified World Heritage site! The Alamo is the most famous of these.
Our bike share is designed for short trips and quick adventures around town. When you’re done riding, you can conveniently dock your bike at any B-station.
Hiking and biking along the Greenway trails is a great way to enjoy the outdoors through an ever growing network of multi-use trails that wind through natural landscapes.