San Antonio is a city of 1.4 million people, but it can feel like a small town with its warm and friendly faces welcoming you. Historical landmarks, parks, a lively art scene, museums and annual festivals—whether you’re a foodie, amusement park adrenaline-junkie or art enthusiast, there’s something for everyone here.
A Vibrant and Diverse City
San Antonio is home to a vibrant, diverse culture and features iconic landmarks like The Alamo and River Walk. it’s also just a short trip away from Austin or the beach. San Antonio’s cultural personality is unique. Here, Mexican, European, Asian, African and Western traditions blend to create something not found anywhere else in the country. When you come to study in San Antonio, you are adding to a unique cultural blend that we love to celebrate here.
Cool Facts about San Antonio
- Everything is bigger in Texas – San Antonio is the second biggest city in Texas and the seventh largest in the nation. Its metro area is twice the size of Chicago and it has a population of 2.4m—that’s more than the entire state of New Mexico!
- We’re a hotspot for travel – About 32 million tourists visit San Antonio every year. The Alamo, located Downtown, is Texas’s top tourist attraction.
- A city of champions – Home to five-time NBA champion the San Antonio Spurs.
- #4 best city for young grads. (Online Degree)
- Named #4 as America’s Next Boom Town. (Forbes)
- Ranked #5 in Millenial population growth. (Business Insider)
- Business is boomin’ – San Antonio is the headquarters of six Fortune 500 companies which include Valero Energy, Andeavor (formerly known as Tesoro Corp), USAA, iHeartMedia, NuStar Energy and CST Brands, Inc.
- Three centuries of history – 2018 marks the tricentennial year for the city of San Antonio, celebrating 300 years of San Antonio’s history, arts, culture and heritage.
- Named in the Top 10 Cities in the US for Tech Jobs. (Entrepreneur Magazine)
- Recognized as the #4 Best Big City in the U.S. (Conde Naste Traveler)
- Listed as one of America’s friendliest cities. (Travel + Leisure)