Students who apply to UT Austin’s engineering program may meet certain criteria to be offered direct admission to UTSA’s Klesse College of Engineering and Integrated Design.
Students can indicate their interest in being considered for direct admission to UTSA’s engineering program on their UT Austin application. UT Austin will extend the direct admission offer to those who meet eligibility requirements. Students who accept their direct admission to UTSA and complete all requirements will start their bold future as an official Roadrunner.
Make UTSA Your Engineering Home
UTSA’s commitment to fostering academic excellence, research, and a dynamic learning environment makes us an ideal destination for aspiring engineers. Our program offers a one-of-a-kind education with top-tier opportunities and resources:
- Take advantage of our 17,000-square-foot Makerspace.
- Engage with our research initiatives alongside our faculty to make a global impact.
- Connect with leading companies in the industry through internships and networking events.
- Participate in outreach programs that benefit the community.
UTSA Direct Admissions Eligibility
- Student selects engineering as their major on their UT Austin application and selected “yes” to the following question: “If you are not admitted to UT Austin, would you like your application materials to be reviewed for consideration for direct admission to UTSA’s Klesse College of Engineering and Integrated Design.”
- Student is not already admitted to UTSA.
- Student meets UTSA’s enrollment requirements listed below.
- UT Austin extends the direct admission offer and the student completes the UTSA Engineering agreement on their UT MyStatus portal.
- Once the agreement is complete, application information will be sent to UTSA.
- Student must submit a $70 application processing fee or application fee waiver documentation to UTSA by June 1 to be officially admitted.
|Enrollment Requirements for Fall Freshman (Less than 12 hours)
|High School Rank
|Minimum Test Scores
|1200 SAT or 25 ACT
UT Austin MyStatus Portal
UT Austin notified students who indicated an interest in the Direct to UTSA Engineering program on February 1. Students who have been notified by UT Austin can log into their UT MyStatus portal to submit their acknowledgment to participate in this program, which authorizes UT Austin to send their application information to UTSA. The deadline to submit the form is May 1, 2024.
If you do not wish to participate in the Direct to UTSA Engineering program, you have the option to participate in the CAP program if spots are still available.
All direct admission applicants are required to pay a $70 application processing fee or submit qualifying application fee waiver documentation.
You can pay the fee online using a credit card or e-check through UTSA’s myUTSA Account student portal. Application fees paid through their myUTSA Account will be processed within 1-2 business days.
- Log into your myUTSA Account Classic View with your myUTSA ID and Passphrase*
- Follow the on-screen instructions until you reach the Main Menu
- Click on the “Future Roadrunner” tab
- Click “Check your Admission Status” for applicants
- Select applicable term
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the payment button
- If you choose to pay by check or money order, mail your payment to:The University of Texas at San Antonio
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
One UTSA Circle
San Antonio, Texas 78249-0616If you choose this option, please write your myUTSA ID in the memo section of the check. This payment method may take up to 5 additional business days to process.
*Before you can access your myUTSA Account, you must first activate your myUTSA ID. You should have received an email from “myUTSAAccount@utsa.edu” with a link to claim your account. Once you have activated your myUTSA ID and passphrase, log in to your myUTSA Account at my.utsa.edu
Frequently Asked Questions
You received this information because you meet certain admission criteria and selected “Yes” on your UT application to the question “If you are not admitted to UT Austin, would you like your application materials to be reviewed for consideration for direct admission to UTSA’s Klesse College of Engineering and Integrated Design”
If you were pre-selected by UT Austin and have complete the UTSA Engineering agreement, UT Austin will send the application materials to UTSA. However, you will need to submit:
- $70 application fee or qualifying application fee waiver
- Final High School Transcript
- Official Dual Credit College transcripts (if applicable)
No, students who select UTSA Engineering will be full UTSA Roadrunners only. If a student later wishes to transfer to UT Austin they will have to apply and meet UT Austin transfer requirements at a later time.
No, your start at UTSA will align with the term indicated on your UT Austin application – for the fall semester.
No, as a full UTSA student, your credit hours will not be limited and you can register as a full-time student.
If you did not originally select UTSA CAP, please contact UT Austin to inquire about switching back to CAP. Please keep in mind UTSA CAP has limited spacing and fills up quickly.