Orientation is required for all freshmen and transfers because it promotes a smooth and successful transition into college life at UTSA. It’s a unique experience designed to welcome you to Roadrunner Nation. It’s your first big step towards becoming a Roadrunner!
How do I sign up for Orientation?
The Orientation Sign Up System opens on specific dates that are based on your admitted term and student classification (freshman or transfer). You can access the system on ASAP, click on the “Future Roadrunner” tab, click “Sign Up for Orientation” and follow the step-by-step instructions to reserve your spot.
|Admitted for Fall Term||Orientation Sign Up opens mid-March|
|Admitted for Spring Term||Orientation Sign Up opens late September|
|Admitted for Summer Term||Orientation Sign Up opens mid-March|
How to Sign Up for OrientationFreshmen Orientation Transfer Orientation International Orientation
What to Expect at Orientation
As the excitement of college starts to settle in, you may have questions regarding academics, student services, housing and meals, financial aid and much more. Orientation will answer these questions and set you on the right path to your first semester at UTSA. At Orientation, you will:
- Complete a class schedule in your chosen major
- Have an effective and comprehensive academic advising session
- Gain knowledge of UTSA student support services and academic life
- Gain a better understanding of the personal, academic and financial responsibilities of attending college
- Reduce anxiety and prepare for the transition into college life
- Develop UTSA spirit and pride
We have a special Family Orientation program too, so let your loved ones know!