Are you interested in using chemistry, physics, biology and mathematics to solve engineering problems related to production, transformation, and utilization of chemicals, materials and energy? If you’re interested in being on the forefront of cutting-edge tech like this, and you have an analytical mind with a penchant for understanding how things work, then you may wish to study chemical engineering.
UTSA’s Chemical Engineering Program
UTSA’s Chemical Engineering degree seeks to prepare graduates to apply chemical engineering principles in practice, meet the requirements to pursue a productive career in the field, and instill professional values to become successful leaders. The UTSA Chemical Engineering program will provide high-quality education and training in chemical engineering through rigorous courses and state of- the-art labs. Additionally, students will also develop a degree of depth in one of the five specialized areas of study:
- Petroleum and Energy Systems – the sector with burgeoning industry demand for well-trained individuals
- Materials Engineering – the enabling technical field for microelectronics, energy conversion and process controls
- Bioengineering – the emerging area that biochemistry interfaces with bio-systems and healthcare
- Environmental Engineering – the strategic growth area finding resources and environmental solutions for manufacturers and for consumers
- Technology Management – a leadership training focus of project management, technical innovation and entrepreneurship.
Chemical engineers address a broad range of issues that allow them to make a difference in their communities. Graduates of chemical engineering programs are highly sought-after in a wide variety of industries:
- Oil and gas
- Biotechnology and pharmaceuticals
- Environmental and materials
- Manufacturing industrial goods
- Refining and petrochemical industries
UTSA’s University Career Center offers several resources to help students identify and develop the global skills necessary to successfully pursue and achieve lifelong career goals.
Please note that there are additional admission requirements that need to be met in order to be admitted into this major. View all of UTSA’s specific admission requirements here.