The College of Education and Human Development (COEHD) at The University of Texas at SanAntonio (UTSA) and the Alamo Colleges District (ACD) are excited to announce the establishment of the Transfer Academy for Future Teachers (TAFT). This program was designed to create a seamless educational experience between the institutions for students seeking to become teachers.
Benefits of TAFT
- Co-enrollment in UTSA courses taught by UTSA faculty while simultaneously enrolled at ACD working to complete their Associate of Arts in Teaching.
- Option to apply for early entrance into the COEHD degree granting major.
- Participants will be placed in cohorts and will enroll in courses together.
- Participation in the summer bridging institute to enhance the success of future teachers transferring to UTSA.
- Access to services at both UTSA and ACD.
- Students must first receive admission to one of the Colleges of the ACD as either a first-time-in-college student applying for admission or as a continuing student.
- The colleges of the ACD will pre-qualify candidates and provide them with instructions for the TAFT application.
- The UTSA Admissions office will invite the qualified students to participate in TAFT.
Additional information regarding the program requirements and application process will come soon. Please contact the ATE office at email@example.com if you have questions. Please submit an interest form if you would like to be added to a contact list.