The TAFT Summer Bridge Institute (SBI) is open to transfer students from any Alamo College interested in completing their bachelor’s degree in interdisciplinary studies at UTSA and are interested in completing a certification in ESL, BBL or Special Education.
The TAFT program is a 4 week, non-crediting bearing course, designed to enhance the success of future teachers transferring to UTSA’s College of Education and Human Development. The SBI will immerse future teachers into a learning environment that focus on research, writing and study skills, delivered by content experts in their fields of student, necessary for successful completion of their certification exam. All students interested in participating are encouraged to apply.
Program Dates: June 19, 2019 (Orientation at UTSA Downtown Campus) Class will begin June 24 –July 19, 2019. Final presentation on July 19, 2019 (Location TBD).
Program Location: Class will be held at the UTSA Downtown Campus (room TBD)
Program Schedule: Class will be held Monday – Friday, 8:30 AM – 11:30 AM
Program Eligibility: A student is eligible to participate in the TAFT Scholars Program if the student meets all of the following requirements:
- Declared Interdisciplinary Studies Major
- Must meet & fulfill all UTSA admission requirements
- Must plan to attend/transfer to UTSA Fall 2019 or Spring 2020
- 2.5 cumulative GPA at time of transfer
- Must be in good academic standing with previous academic institution
- Submit a completed application
- Mandatory attendance & completion of summer program (June 19- July 19)
- Completion of all summer program assignments
- Completion of group presentation & final paper submission
- Interest in pursuing Bilingual certification, Special Education certification or ESL certification.
- Attend UTSA Fall 2019 or Spring 2020 ($500 scholarship awarded after completion of summer program)
Program Application: Submit a completed application by following the following link. Please note that the TAFT program will require a student interview as part of the selection process.
If you have any questions please contact Director of Retention & TRiO Programs, Darrell C. Balderrama at 210-458-4284 or Darrell.Balderrama@utsa.edu