The Academy for Teacher Excellence Research Center (ATE) in the College of Education and Human Development (COEHD) at The University of Texas at San Antonio (UTSA) is hosting the second annual Transfer Academy for Future Teachers (TAFT).
TAFT is open to transfer students from any community college interested in completing their bachelor’s degree in interdisciplinary studies and teaching certification at UTSA.
TAFT is a two-week program designed to enhance the success of future teachers transferring to UTSA’s COEHD. TAFT will immerse future teachers into a learning environment that focus on research, writing and study skills, and information necessary for successful completion of their certification exam. Sessions will be delivered by content experts in their fields. All students interested in participating are encouraged to apply.
Students participating in TAFT will be required to complete the following:
- Mandatory attendance & completion of summer program (May 18- May 29)
- Completion of all summer program assignments
- Completion of action research project
Program Dates: May 18 to May 29, 2020.
Program Location: Virtual
Program Schedule: Class will be held Monday – Thursday from 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM and Friday from 8:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Program Eligibility: A student is eligible to participate in TAFT if the student meets all of the following requirements:
- Declared Interdisciplinary Studies Major
- Interest in pursuing Bilingual certification, Special Education certification or ESL certification is preferred
- Must meet & fulfill all UTSA admission requirements
- Must plan to attend/transfer to UTSA Fall 2020 or Spring 2021
- 2.75 cumulative GPA at time of transfer
- Must be in good academic standing with previous academic institution
- Submit a completed application
Program Application: Submit a completed application by following the following link. Please note that the TAFT program may require a student interview as part of the selection process.
Application Link: https://bit.ly/2xBd7Ck
Applications Due By: May 1, 2020
Contact: If you have any questions, please contact ATE at firstname.lastname@example.org.