The Early Admission Program is for individual high school students who want to start earning college credit while in high school. Students who have junior or senior class standing or are applying to a Special Admission Program may be admitted under this program and enroll in UTSA courses while completing their high school studies.
In special circumstances, high school students with sophomore or freshmen standing who meet the admission requirements outlined below may be considered for the program on an individual basis. Early Admission is not intended for students who want to earn simultaneous credit toward high school graduation and a university degree, or for students who enroll as part of a group of students under the terms of an agreement between UTSA and the student’s school district. These applicants should refer to the “Dual Credit Program.”
First-Time Early Admission Criteria
|Old SAT* (Math + Critical Reasoning)||New SAT* (Evidence-Based Reading and Writing + Math)||ACT|
|No minimum||No minimum||No minimum|
|1100 SAT||1170 SAT||24 ACT|
|(With no less than 500 on the CR section and 500 on Math section)||(With no less than 480 on ERW and 530 on Math section)||(With no less than 19 on the English section and 19 on the Math section)|
New Early Admission
*Old SAT – SAT taken prior to March 2016.
*New SAT – SAT taken March 2016 and after.
- Submit a UTSA Application for Admission to the Undergraduate Admissions Office on or before the application deadline for the requested semester of enrollment.
- Submit a nonrefundable application processing fee.
- Submit an official high school transcript.
- Submit a letter of recommendation from a high school counselor.
- Submit official SAT or ACT scores sent directly from the testing company.
Students applying for Early Admission through Special Admission Programs of the University, such as UPREP, will be required to follow the procedures approved for and by that program and will be reviewed according to the requirements established for the program. Information concerning these procedures and requirements are available from the University coordinator for the program.
Continuing Student Early Admission Procedure
Early Admission students who choose to continue enrollment at UTSA following high school graduation must apply for admission according to regular policy and procedures. Students must meet the admissions requirements for First-time Freshmen for the term for which they will be applying.
- Early Admission student advising and course registration are coordinated by the Department of Instructional Outreach and take place following notification of admission.
- Advising and course registration for Special Admission Program students is the responsibility of and coordinated by the office managing the Special Admission Program.
- Early admission students are enrolled as non-degree-seeking.