As the excitement of starting your international experience settles in, many students may find they have lingering questions regarding academics, student services, housing and residence life, financial aid and much more. The new student orientation experience will answer many of these questions and prepare you for your first semester at UTSA.
Sign Up for International Orientation
You must be admitted to UTSA as an international student and activated your myUTSA ID in order to sign up for your Online Orientation.
When International Orientation Sign Up Opens
Once you have signed up for International Orientation, you are able to access the Online Orientation platform and complete it as soon as you’d like.
|Admitted for Summer Term||Opens in May|
|Admitted for Fall Term||Opens in May|
|Admitted for Spring Term||Opens in October|
→ How do I sign up?
- Log into your ASAP account, click the “Future Roadrunner” tab and click “Sign Up for Orientation”
- Follow the onscreen step-by-step instructions, which includes:
- Select the “International Online” program
- Input your phone number. Please note, if you have an international phone number select the international phone setting before entering your phone number.
- Read over your confirmation page which includes the information for completing Online Orientation.
→ International Orientation Fee
Since international students are completing Online Orientation, the fee is $65. This fee is automatically charged to your UTSA account once you have signed up in ASAP for orientation.
You are welcome to log back into your ASAP account and make edits to your orientation reservation as long as your edit button is visible on your confirmation page. Should your plans change or an emergency arise, please reach out to our office to see if any accommodations can be made.
- Please note: Your orientation fee is non-refundable, even if you no longer plan to attend UTSA
You do not have to be Rowdy Ready complete before you complete orientation, but you must check off all items before starting classes! Your Rowdy Ready status includes items such as:
- Completing your TSI requirement
- Applying for your F-1 or J-1 student visa as soon as you receive your I-20 or DS-2019 Form
- Submitting proof of your Meningitis Immunization
- Taking the Tuberculosis (TB) Test
- Making your travel arrangements
- Completing the Immigration Document Review and Check-In with International Student Services
You can view your personalized Rowdy Ready status by logging into your ASAP account and clicking the “Future Roadrunner” tab.
What To Expect for Online Orientation
International students have the opportunity to participate in an Online Orientation experience at their own pace and convenience. The Online Orientation is filled with valuable information about UTSA services, resources, academic policies and much more!
- Sign up for Online Orientation in ASAP and access the Online Orientation through the link provided in the Orientation Confirmation Page.
- Academic Advising will contact you, via email, with your appointment information after you sign up for orientation. Please ensure you check your preferred email to confirm or reschedule this appointment. For more specific information, please visit the UTSA Academic Advising website UTSA Academic Advising website.
- Pass the Final Online Orientation Quiz with a 90% or better for the Orientation hold to be updated. Please allow 24 hours for your grade/completion to update within our system.
Contact our Office of Orientation and Family Programs.
|Office||Main Campus, Multidisciplinary Studies (MS) Bldg, Room 2.01.10|