Sign Up for International Orientation
You must be admitted to UTSA as an incoming freshmen/transfer and have had activated your myUTSA ID in order to sign up for your Orientation. You will also have the option to sign up for a variety of optional in-person experiences designed just for you!
When International Orientation Sign Up Opens
You will be notified when the orientation reservation system is open for your admitted term. All students must sign up and complete online orientation to fulfill the university orientation requirement.
|Admitted for Summer Term||Sign up now open!|
|Admitted for Fall Term||Sign up now open!|
|Admitted for Spring Term||Opens in September|
Note: You will not be able to sign up for orientation until the orientation reservation system opens. Once the system is open for your admitted term, you will receive an email that you can now sign up for orientation.
Readmitted and Post Baccalaureate students, who are not in a solely online program, do not need to complete Orientation.
→ How do I sign up?
- Log into your ASAP account, click the “Future Roadrunner” tab and click “Sign Up for Orientation.”
- Upon sign up you will need to pay your orientation fee by credit card to confirm your reservation.
- You must complete Online Orientation in order to fulfill the university orientation requirement and become eligible to schedule your academic advising appointment.
- Need to update or edit your orientation reservation? You can log back into your ASAP account and make edits, as long as your Edit button is visible on your confirmation page. If you signed up for additional in-person experiences, you have up to one week prior to your program date to make any changes.
- Missed your window to make any updates or edits to my orientation reservation? One week prior to your program date, the orientation sign up period will end and you will no longer be able to edit your reservation. Should your plans change or an emergency arise, please reach out to Orientation to discuss your options at 210-458-4724 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: Your orientation fee payment of is non-refundable, even if you no longer plan to attend UTSA.
Complete Online Orientation
Once you sign up through the Orientation Reservation System, you’ll find a green button that states, “Launch Online Orientation” on your confirmation page under the additional information area. By clicking on the green button, you’ll be able to access and complete Online Orientation. Online Orientation takes 1-2 hours to complete and can be done in multiple sittings. Once you complete the modules and pass the final quiz with a 90% or higher your Orientation Hold will be outdated the next business day. Online Orientation fulfills the university Orientation requirement.
Meet with your Academic Advisor
Completing Online Orientation and having your Orientation Hold outdated notifies Academic Advising that you are now eligible to schedule your Academic Advising appointment. You will receive an email to your UTSA email address with information on scheduling your advising appointment within two weeks of completing Online Orientation. If you are not contacted by Academic Advising, please email email@example.com. You can learn more about what to expect from your first appointment with your academic advisor by viewing the Advising Module in Online Orientation or visiting the UTSA Academic Advising website.
Register for Classes
Once you meet with your academic advisor, you will be able to register for classes. You can learn more about the schedule planner tool and when/how to register for your first semester classes here onestop.utsa.edu/registration/register.
Finish Rowdy Ready Checklist
Your Rowdy Ready Checklist is customized to help you identify the things that you will need to complete before attending UTSA. You do not have to be Rowdy Ready complete before you finish Online Orientation, but we encourage you to check off items as quickly as possible! Your Rowdy Ready status includes items that we recommend completing prior to Orientation. While other items can be completed after your Orientation experience, such as getting your UTSACard. You can view your personalized Rowdy Ready status by logging into your ASAP account and clicking the “Future Roadrunner” tab.
Online Orientation PLUS Extended Experience
Additional virtual extended orientation experiences will allow you and your family to learn even more about your first semester at UTSA! More information about our extended experiences, such as College Meetings, opportunities to connect with various departments & services and Virtual Family Orientation can be found here.
Contact our Office of Orientation and Family Programs.
|Office||Bauerle Road Garage (BRG), Room 0.304|