As part of the overall orientation experience, new students will have the opportunity to have a special onboarding session with their academic college.
After you complete your online orientation module, your college will invite you to join and participate in a required College Welcome Onboarding Session. Students will be placed into a course on Blackboard Learn where they can access resources and live meeting opportunities with college faculty and staff.
What can I expect from this Session?
Your college will discuss your first year in detail, your 4-year program of study, experiential and professional opportunities inside your major, and the college support resources available.
What is Blackboard Learn?
Blackboard Learn is UTSA’s digital learning system where faculty (your professors and instructors) will post all your course materials and where students can turn in their assignments and view grades. Think of it like your digital classroom. For every class you register for, you’ll have access to class materials from Blackboard.
As a great way to introduce this environment and also welcome new students to their academic college, all new students will be placed into a “Welcome to your College” course that will house your “College Welcome Onboarding Session. This course will stay with you throughout your first year at UTSA as a resource to connect with your college.
How to Access Blackboard Learn
To access Blackboard Learn, follow these steps:
- Go to https://utsa.blackboard.com/ (We recommend using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox)
- Login with your myUTSA ID (abc123 ID)
- Navigate to “courses” on the left-hand side
- Once you’ve been loaded, you will find a course that contains “Welcome to the College of”
- Once you’re in the course, you’ll find a welcome video that introduces you to what you can expect from this course
- Over the summer, your college will host many live welcome sessions. We encourage you to attend a live welcome session before you meet with your academic advisor. These live sessions will be using the Blackboard Collaborate Ultra feature, with is the virtual meeting space where you can meet with your college faculty and staff.
If you have any questions about your College Welcome Onboarding Session or with accessing Blackboard Learn, please contact your college below:
|Klesse College of Engineering and Integrated Design||CEID_ug_programs@utsa.edu||Arturo Montoya|
|Carlos Alvarez College of Businessfirstname.lastname@example.org||Rosa Garza|
|College of Education & Human Development||COEHD.Undergraduate@utsa.edu||Cassandra Lopez|
|College for Health, Community & Policyemail@example.com||Alberto Cordova|
|College of Liberal & Fine Arts||COLFAstudents@utsa.edu||Carrie Klein|
|College of Sciencesfirstname.lastname@example.org||Timothy Yuen|
|University College||Undergraduate.Studies@utsa.edu||Jianwei Niu|
|Honors Collegeemail@example.com||Lydia Bueno|