Transfer orientation is a requirement for all new UTSA transfer students. In order to sign up for an Orientation date, you must be admitted to UTSA for the term you want to attend Orientation. Orientation & Family Programs offers transfer students two types of orientation program experiences: in person or online.
Sign Up for Transfer Orientation
You must be admitted to UTSA as an incoming transfer and have had activated your myUTSA ID in order to sign up for your Orientation date.
When Transfer Orientation Sign Up Opens
Dates are available on a first come first served basis. The programs that are specific to you and your major will appear in your ASAP reservation system. You may not see all program options
|Admitted for Fall Term||Orientation Sign Up Now Open|
|Admitted for Spring Term||Orientation Sign Up opens in September|
|Admitted for Summer Term||Orientation Sign Up opens in March|
→ How do I sign up?
- Log into your ASAP account, click the “Future Roadrunner” tab and click “Sign Up for Orientation”
- Follow the onscreen step-by-step instructions, which includes:
- Select your Orientation Date (online will be included in this)
- If attending an in-person orientation, you have the option of adding Family Orientation, if your family members wish to attend
- Paying your Orientation Fee
- Print your confirmation and parking permit when you reach your confirmation page
→ Transfer Orientation Fee
Transfer Orientation Fee is $75.
Students are required to make a $25 non-refundable pre-payment during ASAP registration; the remaining balance will be placed on your Student Tuition and Fees Bill.
Before You Attend Orientation
Before you attend Orientation, you must be Rowdy Ready. Your Rowdy Ready status includes required items that must be complete prior to attending orientation such as:
- Completing your TSI requirement
- Taking a Math and/or Chemistry Placement Exam
- Submitting proof of your Meningitis Immunization
- and a few more items …
You can view your personalized Rowdy Ready status by logging into your ASAP account and clicking the “Future Roadrunner” tab.
What To Expect at Orientation
Transfer Orientation can either be completed online or through a 1-day in-person experience.
→ Online Orientation
Transfer students have the opportunity to participate in an Online Orientation experience at their own pace and convenience. The Online Orientation is filled with valuable information about UTSA services, resources, academic policies and much more!
- Sign up for Online Orientation in ASAP and access the Online Orientation through the link provided in the Orientation Confirmation Packet.
- Pass the Final Online Orientation Quiz with a 90% or better for the Orientation hold to be updated.
- Schedule an appointment with your Academic Advisor in order to register for your classes.
- Transfer students can meet with an advisor at any time before, during or after Orientation, but must complete both Academic Advising and Orientation in order to register for classes.
→ In-Person Orientation
The One-day program is held on Main Campus and runs from 7:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.. The in-person experience is designed to introduce new transfer students to the UTSA Community including academic policies and student services unique to UTSA. Students who attend on-campus orientation will:
- Receive a tour of the campus
- Meet with faculty and staff
- Take care of university business
- Receive an individual appointment with an academic advisor, to prepare for course registration.
Orientation participants will be provided a lunch as part of their Orientation experience. The meal will either include a pre-set catered lunch or a meal card preloaded with money to use at a dining venue on-campus.
A temporary orientation parking permit is required and must be displayed to park on campus during orientation. Below is more information on parking for orientation:
- The temporary permit can be found in your confirmation letter after you register in ASAP
- Follow all parking policies listed on this permit, failure to do so will result in a parking citation
- The temporary permit will be marked with the dates that the permit is valid
- The temporary permit is good for unmarked spaces only in the designated parking lot listed [ex: Brackenridge Rd Lot 1, BK 1 or Resident Lot 1, R1]. DO NOT park in Faculty/Staff or 24 HR RESERVED spaces. DO NOT park in fire lanes, reserved spaces, service areas, loading zones, University Vehicle spaces or restricted areas
- The permit must be visible on your dashboard at all times to avoid receiving a citation. Pay-by the hour parking is available in the Bauerle Road or Ximenes Garages. Any vehicle parked in violation of UTSA parking regulations will be cited. If you receive a citation at orientation, you will need to file an appeal with Campus Services.
Please be aware that the on-campus orientation experience includes extensive walking. Please plan accordingly as the university does NOT provide any mobility assistance equipment.
What to Bring:
Click here to see what to bring to Orientation.
Contact our Office of Orientation and Family Programs.
|Office||Main Campus, Multidisciplinary Studies (MS) Bldg, Room 2.01.10|